Friday, December 29, 2006

DSW is the best!

So I had drinks with a friend yesterday and she was telling me about how the fabulous boots she was wearing were bought from Designer Shoe Warehouse for only $33. I wanted a pair of flat boots so I thought what the hell, I'll go and check it out. I went to the new DSW in Westwood Village and although I didn't find the boots I found a pair of fantastic Marc Jacobs shoes. I was surprised to see that not only does DSW have regular brands like Steve Madden, Chinese Laundry, Rocket Dog, etc. . But they also have fancy ones like Marc Jacobs, Prada, Miu Miu, Cole Haan, etc . .Anyways, I saw these Marc Jacobs shoes when they first came out at Cusp and loved them but I couldn't pay 300some for a pair of shoes. At DSW it was 50% off the original price and then they're having a winter special where it's another 50% off that price. So 50% off 50% = $87.00!! (+tax of course). I'm a happy girl. I was choosing between black and red and went with red, i have so many black shoes anyways.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
They're really high but surprisingly really comfortable and feel balanced. Probably because the shoe is platform and not stiletto.

Now here's something I don't get about DSW. I don't know if they inflate the original prices of shoes so it looks like they're discounting more. They said that these shoes were $470 originally, then $330 when they were selling them then more discounted. But online they're listed at $320. However, I remember when i saw these at Cusp they were definitely over $400, maybe there was some kind of markdown on these specific shoes or something because wouldn't DSW get caught inflating original prices by savvy shoppers? Either way I feel like I got a great deal, everyone go to DSW before this extra 50% off clearance ends. (Plus you get coupons for money off when you join their rewards program). Haha, can you tell how excited I am?

4 comments:

Style Spot said...

That is so fantastic that you got them for so much less than the original price...who doesn't love a great bargain?! ;) The shoes are beautiful...and I am so happy for you!

Thanks btw for your nice comment, I really LOVE your blog aswell!!

The Girl said...

Those shoes are so cute. I love DSW, the store also has cute designer bags like Chloe and Gucci!

CaliforniaStyle said...

Love your shoes!!! DSW is great...sometimes it's a hit or miss for me but when it's a hit, it's totally a hit. Happy New Year!

Dinah said...

I really like those shoes! I bet they where over $400 when they first came out but who cares since you got a steal!