Friday, December 29, 2006

My new favorite purse brand: Goldenbleu

While I was at the Billion Dollar Babes sample sale last year (a FANTASTIC sample sale with really unique designers) I stumbled upon a purse brand called Goldenbleu and absolutely loved it. Shopbop's designer bio says:

"Goldenbleu was born of San Francisco-based designer Rene Huber's desire for something more exciting and original than mass-produced, designer label handbags and footwear. Rene set out to create accessories that exude the quality and sophistication of designer labels while also embodying a fresh design perspective. Celebrity loyalists of the line include Cameron Diaz, Lucy Liu, Rachel Bilson, and Heidi Klum."

I ended up buying a purse from them (at wholesale price!!) and I absolutely love it. I wear it every single day and the leather is fantastic quality and is soft like butter. It is also huge and fits everything I need and more. I have my wallet, phone, ipod, airbourne, scarf, nalgene water bottle, make-up bag, planner, notepad, apple, bag of almonds in there right now with room to spare. As you'll see, a lot of their purses are really big and fit a crapload of stuff, but they don't look bulky and gigantic.

Here are a few of my favorite things from Goldenbleu.

This is the purse I bought. It's called the Delia bag and I got it in Navy. I was inspired to get a odd colored purse (instead of the typical black and brown purses that I usually buy) by a friend of mine who had this great purple bag. I saw an exact copy of this purse at Target made out of this fake leather plastic material, you know you've made it when the knock-offs start emerging.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Delia and the Jordan bags are Goldenbleu's 2 most popular styles. I almost got the Jordan one but I liked the braiding of the Delia more. The Jordan is really nice though and has zipper closure on top unlike mine. Shopbop has 2 versions which i think vary in size a little. The Jordan Small Travel Bag (left) and the Jordan Satchel (right). Both are $656.00
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Katherine bag has Goldenbleu's trademark basketing detail. I really like this saddle color too. It is on sale for $545.00 from $649.00 at Pinkmascara.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is the Sophie Bag in midnight. It is $768.00 from Active Endeavors.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Again with the angry models!

Goldenbleu doesn't only make huge purses, they also make cute clutches. Here is the Virginia Clutch. The cream one on the left is from Active Endeavors for $506.00 and the black one on the right is from Pink Mascara for $484.00. I have no idea why there is a price difference, they're the exact same purse. Personally, I like the black one better, it looks so chick and pretty.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

The (really nice) ladies who were working the Goldenbleu booth at Billion Dollar Babes told me the brand had just gotten picked up by Neiman Marcus and the was starting to get pretty popular. In fact, while I was flipping through January 2007's issue of In Style, I saw the Goldenbleu Delia bag (the one I have) under one of the top 10 things to get that month. Now Goldenbleu's bags are not cheap but if you're willing to spend the cash they're still cheaper than the Chloe's, Prada's and Marc Jacob's out there and I can 100% vouch for the quality. They also come in very unique colors such as eggplant (a very pretty purple), mushroom (a gorgeous grayish color), saddle (a very rich and deep red hue), Moss (this green color that I don't love but is nice), cognac (brown that is lighter than the typical dark espresso brown), black, and cream. A few examples of the colors are above. There's some other ones too I'm sure. The inside of all Goldenbleu bags is suede also which is a nice touch.

3 comments:

Dinah said...

I totally love the Virginia Clutch bag. All of those bags looks so soft!

The Shopping Nerd said...

Goldenbleu is one of my favorite designers. I carry my Katherine all the time! It's a great bag for class. And I totally got it at billion dollar babes :).

jade said...

This Kat disagrees because privacy only protects the publication of private information, by way of photographs or otherwise, Made in italy handbags