Friday, January 26, 2007

Fancy Charm Necklaces


Ever since Sarah Jessica Parker wore a diamond horseshoe necklace on Sex and the City (a show I still miss), I've loved that style of diamondy charm necklaces. They're classy, beautiful, and even though they're small, they really pop and can make an outfit. Lots of designers make them, especially similar ones (horseshoes, letters, numbers, religious symbols, circles). They're also a celebrity favorite. You can also get most designs in gold and silver if you can't afford the diamond ones. Here are some of the ones I really like.

Jennifer Meyer is the queen of the charm necklace. Her website has a lot of them but I couldn't figure out how to post them because it's a slideshow, oh well. On the left is Jennifer Aniston wearing the feather necklace in The Break Up (her wardrobe was FANTASTIC in that movie). The Wish Bone Necklace on the right is the only oneI could find to buy online. It's at Barneys for $2,325.00.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Her necklaces have the charms with different colored gems like ruby, sapphire, and turquoise. She also has acorns, hearts, the star of david and this cool astrological one.


Alex Woo
also has some really nice ones. I like her Little Faith line of religious symbols, the dove and lotus blossom are my favorites.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Her Eve necklace line is really pretty. Circle pendants are very popular but hers are thicker which makes them more unique. I really like the rose gold.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Alex Woo also makes the necklaces in Sterling Silver for 100some which is nice since the minimum price for lots of Jennifer Meyer's are 500some.

Lizzie Scheck also makes these types of necklaces. I like the Fan Necklace $835 (I think it would look better in silver though) and Snow Flake Necklace $2,200.00 is also very pretty.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

And then there's always classic Tiffany, my favorite brand. They really know how to make a gorgeous necklace. I love this Tiffany Voile Necklace, too bad it's around $6,000.00.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I have this Tiffany Feathers Necklace which I love.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Tiffany also makes necklaces with the diamond charms that are letters of the alphabet and religious symbols.

4 comments:

Flashy_Shades said...

wow, i love that wishbone necklace! what a cute idea

Tru said...

cool, I lei kteh wish bone one as well and I kwno as bad as this sounds and peoepl are gogin to yell at me the minute I say this but Iactually saw a horse shoe necklace a couple fo years ago at a dollar store when my mom dragged me in, lol I didn't buy it but it seemed somewhow relevant

joanh said...

i bought some cute jewelry from carolee a few years ago but haven't seen much that i've liked with her recent designs

Unknown said...

all the necklaces that are in the site are really great and with lots of variety as well and the necklaces that are displayed by the sarah jones was really good i have same kind of necklaces with my site also.which is.....
necklaces