Monday, January 15, 2007

Golden Globe Fashion

One of my favorite things about awards season is seeing what all the stars are wearing. The awards shows are interesting and all but kinda boring. I thought people looked good at the Golden Globes but nothing really stood out at me at gorgeous. Also, was it just me or was everyone wearing white? Teri Hatcher, Ellen Pompeo, Hayden Paniterrie, Kate Winslet, Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Garner, Annette Benning, Salma Hayek and some other ones.

In fact, white strapless dresses with detailing on the torso were super popular, check out these dresses which I think look remarkable similar. Mary Lynn Rajskub, Kate Winslet (in Azarro), and Drew Barrymore (in John Galliano for Christian Dior) below.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

I absolutely loved Salma Hayek's Chanel Dress (which looked much better on stage than in the pictures), Jennifer Garner's Vintage Gaultier dress (the woman just had a baby too, she looks great) and I liked, not loved Ellen Pompeo's Versace dress (I think it would have looked better without that weirdo thing in back).
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

I also thought Toni Collette looked fabulous. She's always cast as the ugly girl (In Her Shoes, Muriel's Wedding) and while she's not your typical looking Hollywood beauty I think she's very classy and looks great here. The bright blue matches really well with her new hair color.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My favorite actress Cate Blanchett in Alexander McQueen was one of the few people who took a risk and I think it paid off. I'm mildly obsessed with lace so already I was inclined to like this dress. She always takes fashion risks and always manages to look very elegant.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Although I thought Angelina Jolie's St. John Dress was a little plain she couldn't look bad if she tried. Brad of course looks great, these two are so good looking, it's just not fair.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

When I first Jennifer Lopez's Marchesa dress I thought it was fine, kind of similar to the dress on the left she wore in Italy, but then I saw the picture of the back of the dress which I think makes it really cool.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

However, my pick for best dressed is none other than Helen Mirren in Donna Karen. At 62 years old she is gorgeous and this dress is a little risky and low-cut, but I don't look at it and go, that dress is 10 years too young for her. Her hair is gorgeous (the turquoise color of the dress matches well with her gray and probably undyed hair), necklace perfectly matched with the dress. She just looks incredibly classy. When she turned around on stage the back of the dress was great too, low and kind of square shaped. Plus she's super talented and won 2 of the 3 awards she was nominated for. I can only hope I look that great in my 60's.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Now for the worst dressed. I don't like Beyonce much and I think she looks like a Vegas showgirl in this tacky gold dress by Elie Saab. Cameran Diaz looks like cotton candy and as others have said, the dress seems like it came out of Bjork's closet. Wearing that is not going to make Justin jealous. I really like Gillian Anderson and she's making a good comeback after the X-Files but her dress looks terrible. It seems like something I would have worn when I was 10 years old or when I'm 80, and did she even do her hair?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

3 comments:

Tru said...

I love your best dress pic beautiful

Book Girl said...

Hi Lisa,

I think you have a great blog and I wanted to know if you would like to do a link exchange.

My blog is called Style and Focus Lifestyle PR (http://styleandfocuspr.blogspot.com). It's a marketing and pr blog where I discuss what happening in fashion, beauty, entertainment, etc.

Dinah said...

I totally agree with you that Toni Collette looked fabulous. She was so great in Little Miss Sunshine and is a terrific actress. I also thought that Helen Mirren looked great and the dress was perfect for her.