Sunday, February 4, 2007

One last post before I go

As I was surfing the web I came upon these pictures of American Ferrera at the Directors Guild of American awards and I must say I think she looks phenomenal. The beautiful lace dress, the fantastic red shoes, the casual but great hair and the classy and understated jewelry are perfect. I think she's gorgeous (and actually looks like a normal sized person) and she is definitely not the ugly girl she plays in Ugly Betty. She has a great stylist and has looked wonderful at the Golden Globes and SAG awards. She told Hello Magazine, "I didn't know how fat and ugly I was until I started going on auditions." Oh Hollywood, get with reality!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

7 comments:

Emma said...

oh i love america, and i wanted to throttle miss maria menounos, uber-bitch, when she was being mean to america on the damn red carpet after america had just given such a cute speech. and she is totally gorgeous, and not just in a "cute chubby girl" way. i would love to look like her.

Style Spot said...

america is such a beautiful woman! it's so great to see more healthy-looking, curvy girls entering the business and I really do hope that some day very soon the ideal body which so many young girls and women long for will go from teeny tiny stickinsect to curvy and gorgeous.

Miss V. said...

I love her for being such a fresh dose of reality in Hollywood. I'm so sick of all the stick-thin actresses in Hollywood, what's wrong with having a bit of flesh?

Tru said...

pretty pretty pretty, love teh lace

Anonymous said...

I love America too. I admire her and respect her work. I think she is the first actress in this thin Era that remind us what real beauty is about.

The Shopping Nerd said...

pretty! I like your blog fashion food culture life! I'm linking you, now that I finally figured out how to do that! Thanks for linking me! I didn't know you had :). Sad I found your blog when you're vacationing, but have fun!

joanh said...

yeah she definitely has a good stylist... i saw her after REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES was making the festival rounds and she was cute then, but she looks very pretty and stylish on the red carpet now. and yes, it's definitely refreshing to see someone who's not anorexic as an actual role model instead of the other tabloid girls