Sunday, March 18, 2007

Part II of Travels: London Shopping

Shopping in London is amazing (minus the whole pound to the dollar exchange rate that makes everything double for me, but if you make money in pounds it's a great deal). Of course, my favorite store there is Top Shop. If you haven't heard of Top Shop then you're missing out on the best store ever. The quality is better than H and M and so is the style. I asked about a jacket I saw someone wearing and they told me it was two weeks old so I should check in the "Last Chance" section where all the "old" stuff is. That means they change most of their inventory every 2 weeks as opposed to every month like American stores. So if you see something you like at Top Shop, buy it before it's gone! Plus if you're a student you get 10% off your purchases, a lot of stores there have that deal. The Top Shop at Oxford Circus is HUGE (3 floors) and is also connected to another cute store called Miss Selfridges. Selfridges is kind of like the younger hipper version of Harrods, and is a fantastic department store. Miss Selfridges is basically an extension of Top Shop. In London, I also like this store called Oasis
which is kind of like a cheaper not as cute version of Top Shop but they still have pretty good stuff.

Whistles is also a store with really beautiful stuff. It's more classy, sophisticated while still being trendy. Like a nicer version of Anthropologie. It's more expensive than Top Shop though since it's customer base is different.


I went to King's Road, a really cute shopping area that is less busy than Oxford Circus and very cute with a lot of preppy families and nice shops. I saw this fancy perfume shop called Penhaligons. My sister told me that they can make custom scents for you based on your own odor and what scents would compliment it. Pretty cool.