Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Whoa Gap!



Darn I wish i was in the US right now to check out these collections by Gap. Gap has decided to jump on the designer train (like Stella McCartney, Karl Lagerfeld for Gap, Paul and Joe, Proenza Schouler, Luella Bartley etc . . for Target) and they have chosen this year's winners of the 2006 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Doo.Ri, Rodarte and Thakoon to design a few pieces ranging only from $66-$88. I was upset that when Gap had Roland Mouret design a collection it was only available in London but I think we Americans are getting a good deal with 3 awesome designers here. You can buy the collection in stores or online here. Looking at the items more closely I like them, but I'm not in love with them. I don't have that OH MY GOD I MUST OWN THIS feeling for any of them. Maybe because they're a little plain and while very cool takes on the plain white shirt Gap is so well known for, they're not as unique as I thought they would be. However, that could just be the pictures, maybe when you try them on they look really cool and different. Sizes are going quick online so hurry and buy them if you want some! Here's are all the pieces that are available online (and I'm assuming the entire collection in general).



Doo Ri

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
On the left we have the Belted Shirtdress for $88 which I like but I think it's wee bit plain, looks like something the regular Gap designers would have done. On the right is the Scarf Shirt for $68.00. Again, it's cute but looks likes something I've seen before.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
I like this Pleated Shirt for $68.00 much more. I think the back is really cool. There's only Large in this left online as well.
Surprisingly her stuff was my least favorite of the group even though I love her other clothes I've seen. I just think they don't look all the special.


Thakoon
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Here is the Tie Shirt for $88. I think one is actually really cool, If you look more closetly there's a lot of detailing on the front. I also love the bell sleeves and the pleating in the back.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
On the left is the Tied Shirt Dress for $78.00. I like how it's loose fitting and looks like you threw on your significant other's dress shirt, makes it a little sexy. I bet it would look good over a pair of jeans too (yes i still love the dresses/long shirts over jeans look). On the right is the Petal Shirt Dress for $88.00. Definitely much riskier and more what I expected from the collections. Would look like crap on me but I can imagine it look great on others.


Rodarte
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
On the left is the Trapeze Top for $68.00. I like it, but I have a feeling it might not look great on. On the right is the Bow Blouse for $78. I really like this shirt and the detailing. I would probably look pregnant though if I wore it. There's only Larges and XL's left online for these two.

What do you think of the collection? Are you gonna go out and buy some? If any of you go and try these on please comment, I'd love to know what they look like on.

All photos from gap.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like rodarte's the best. however, my size is sold out online and the gap stores nearby don't carry them. i don't think i'll be hunting for them either. cool. but not, "oh, my gosh! gotta have 'em".

Tru said...

I'd be more than happy to make you a banner, I made the one for my other blog "A Vogue Idea" too soo I'd be happy to do it for you, just e-mail me with an idea of the colors and what you would like on it (some times I deviate a little so be forwarned but that's only if its not working otu that way)...so e-mail me, it should be there in my profile...only thing I want to tell you is I probably won't be able to get to it until next week at the earlyist cuz I'm really busy but you never know

The Shopping Nerd said...

I got the rodarte trapeze top. I may return it though. Still undecided.