Thursday, April 19, 2007

Gap Update

One of my favorite blogs, iamfashion just did an entry about the May 2006 issue of Vogue where the feature is "The World's Next Top Models" who are Lily Donaldson, Hilary Rhoda, Doutzen Kroes, Sasha Pivovarova, Caroline Trentini, Raquel Zimmermann, Jessica Stam, Chanel Iman, Coco Rocha and Agyness Deyn. But look what they're all wearing, Gap's limited edition shirts that I just posted on. I must say, I'm very impressed by how fashionable these shirts look on the models, but of course, it's Vogue (who really could make a plastic bag look like couture, wait, have they done that?) and the shirts are on incredible models. They made the styles I thought looked plain seem like couture. Either way, I think it's pretty cool to see something from Gap on the cover of Vogue. I'll bet Gap paid an arm and a leg for the publicity.

5 comments:

joanh said...

that is pretty cool.. but sometimes goes to show that you don't have to pay extra for 'basics.' i don't get why you have to pay hundreds for a plain striped shirt that is designer when no one can tell that it is.

Anonymous said...

I like the blog. It's very clean yet sophisticated.

-eric c

Anonymous said...

Correction, I am quite impressed by your blog. I think it is one of the best blogs I've seen from one of my friends. I don't give a rats @$$ about fashion, but your blog still interests me. That should really say something. Bravo!

-eric

Ellen SB said...

I love duo covers! Fantastic beautiful issue of Vouge that one!

sophie said...

yeah, that is cool. who would have thought...