Sunday, May 13, 2007

Part VIII of Travels: Stores

Of course there are hundreds of stores in Japan but these two caught my eye and they're pretty opposite ends of the spectrum. Hirofu and Uniqlo.

The first is called Hirofu which basically looks like an Hermes copycat. They even stamp a big H (in the same font as Hermes) on the bottom of their bags. I really like the layout of the store with all the colors arranged together (notice the orange, Hermes' signature color). The items are actually pretty plain but the leather quality is fantastic. I think the purses run from $500 and above, mostly $1000 and up.





Now on to my FAVORITE store I found in Japan, Uniqlo. It was hard for me to shop in Japan because the women there are TINY and I am, um, not. When I say tiny I mean Nicole Richie size. For example, stores carry a lot of size 20-22 jeans because that's what people wear there. I've never even seen a size 20 -22 in the US. But anyways, Uniqlo had lots of different sizes so it was easier to shop. They're like a way cooler version of Gap. Their clothes are stylish, really good quality and very reasonably priced. Their cashmere sweaters are under $100 and fantastic quality. They also have high fashion designers design lines for them. When I was there it was Lutz and Patmos but Phillip Lim had a line there in April and Alice Roi has a line there right now. I'm so jealous I can't check out the Phillip Lim line.


Here's a picture of the Lutz and Patmos line.


Uniqlo just opened a store in New York City on Broadway, hopefully they'll come to LA soon!

1 comment:

sophie said...

uniqlo is AMAZING- love their skinnies