Thursday, May 17, 2007

I love you google

The geniuses at google came up with something that is perfect for blog readers. When I'm procrastinating I have a tendency to check blogs all the time to see if my favorite bloggers have updated their blogs. But now, the wonderful people at google have taken care of that for me. They have created Google Reader. All of you have to do is input your favorite blog sites and it'll tell you when they have new entries. It doesn't e-mail you and fill up your mailbox, you have to have gmail (best e-mail service ever!) and specifically click the reader to check. Then this window pops up and has all the blogs you subscribe to on the left with the blogs that have updated in bold, with the number of new entries as well. In the middle it has the name of the blogs and the first couple lines of the new entry. This is what it looks like.


You can also look at the entry directly through Google Reader (you can't comment though). It does makes it easier but you don't get to see the fancy background. If you want to go directly to the blog just click on the title on top.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG - genius! Just what I need: a more convenient way to procrastinate.

Love it!

joanh said...

I started using it too! It's so easy. But then hopefully people don't not comment if they are using it! haahhah

Ellen SB said...

WOW, Amazing. Thanks so much for the good tip!

Tru said...

I heart google

Model Citzen said...

THANKS FOR POSTING THIS! so fab

discotheque confusion said...

haha, i constantly check my favourite blogs too, its become somewhat of an addiction which seriouslyslows me down!

hmm, in fact thats what I'm doing now..

Thanks for the tip!

S xx

Model Citzen said...

are you updating soon? we missed u

Anonymous said...

Hi! I tagged you. Come to my blog to find what you have to do. Enjoy :D

Anonymous said...

what will google think of next...that rocks..
Great blog by the way, im going to link to you!
- Amy
http://nycynicist.blogspot.com/